Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Sazerac

Another classic cocktail that I've started introducing my friends to is the Sazerac. I ordered one at Bar Pilar for a group of friends a couple weeks ago, and they were sold. I'm excited that P. has starting asking if I think some other bars will be able to make her one... even if she did spell it "Sazamarack."

She never spells well on IM anyway. She also usually drinks scotch, neat.

I made a batch at home on Friday night while three of us were watching a movie on fast-forward and doing dramatic readings of the subtitles.
  • 2 oz. Rittenhouse 21-year old Rye Whiskey
  • 3/4 oz. simple syrup
  • 1 tsp. Kubler absinthe
  • Couple dashes Peychaud's Bitters
  • Lemon twist
I rinsed pre-chilled glasses with the Kubler absinthe and discarded the extra. The rye, simple syrup, and bitters were put into a mixing glass with ice and stirred with a bar spoon, then strained into the glasses. Lemon twist for each glass, and we were happy. I'd usually make this with one of my other ryes, but what the hell.

No comments: