Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Drinks

I discussed a list of summer drinks with pals James Poulos and his beautiful wife at Bar Pilar several weeks ago. I agree with most of the selections on his do list and several of the don'ts, but I have some additions:
  1. The Dark & Stormy. A Bermudan concoction of rum and ginger beer. Delicious. For more details, see the previous post.
  2. An Aviation Cocktail, bitterly cold. Gin and lemon juice, a perfect summer combination, made even better with the addition of maraschino liqueur. I make mine without the creme de violette.
  3. REAL Margaritas. On the rocks, never blended, and always with fresh lime juice and decent tequila. Never, never, never with Jose Cuervo. Jose is not your friend.
If James ever returns from his globehopping long enough for a drink, I will force these libations on him and make him see the error of his ways in not including these on his list. Maybe I'll start by winning over his wife...

No comments: